Congratulations! You’re on track to building your dream home at a Lanser development. This is an exciting journey, and we’re here to help. Our 10-step guide has been designed to help you create a lifestyle that you love…
How much can you spend? If you need finance, confirm your budget by speaking to your bank and getting pre-approval from your chosen lender
2. FIND YOUR DREAM ADDRESS
• Research your dream location and your dream home design
• Book an appointment with the Lanser team to discuss the best block to suit your home design, budget and lifestyle
3. PLACE YOUR BLOCK ON HOLD
• Allotments aren’t one size fits all – when looking for the perfect block, remember to discuss size, setbacks, orientation and a location that’s right for you with your Lanser Consultant
• Once you’ve identied your perfect allotment – place it on hold!
4. PRE-CONTRACT STEPS
While your lot is on hold – you’ll need to:
• Confirm your block with your lender
• Provide your details to your Lanser Consultant
• Nominate your conveyancer – if you need any information about selecting conveyancer our team will be able to help!
5. SIGN YOUR CONTRACT
• Once you’ve completed steps 1-4 you’re ready to book a contract appointment
• Make sure you take the time to familiarise yourself with your contract and the obligations and responsibilities it entails
• Your block is now officially “Sold”!
6. PAY YOUR DEPOSIT
• Once your contract is signed – you’ll have a two day “cooling off” period
• Once that period is over, you can pay your deposit to Lanser
7. AFTER YOU SIGN YOUR CONTRACT
To make sure your contracts seles, follow these steps:
• If your contract is conditional on finance, you will need to speak with your lender to ensure approval is granted before the specified date in your contract
• Sign the mortgage documents with your lender
• Sign the transfer documents with your conveyancer
8. SETTLEMENT DAY
• If you have purchased a titled allotment, your block will usually settle in eight weeks of signing your contract
• If you have purchased an untitled allotment, your block will usually sele two weeks after it is titled
• On settlement day, you will make a full payment for your block and it is now officially yours!
9. BUILDING YOUR HOME
• All Lanser developments have Urban Design Guidelines in place to protect your investment. The guidelines place obligations on your building and landscaping design
• These guidelines can be found on our websites and in your contract. We recommend you familiarise yourself with them before you commence your build
• We have dedicated Urban Design Guideline advisers on our team that will help you with any enquiries you or your builder may have
10. MOVE INTO YOUR DREAM HOME!
Pop the bubbles – it’s time to celebrate!